What’s your word for the year?”
I immediately thought, how can you pick one word to sum up everything you want to focus on? There’s so many things I need to do….wait! As I scrambled all of my goals into one, they all had a resounding similarity: being consistent, doing things daily or weekly; because if I was consistent, I would achieve my goals.
So I said, “I know it!! My word is consistency.”
n. [kuh n-sis-tuh n-see]
Or my definition: Hustle every day.
Now, it's your turn.
What is your one word to focus on in 2017?
HOW TO FIGURE OUT YOUR WORD:
- First, gather a list of goals or intentions you have for this year.
- Take a long look at that list. Are there similarities in all of your goals? Pick one word that clearly defines them.
Here are a few examples: simplicity, selflessness, gratitude, growth, wealth, peace, freedom, positivity, love, confidence
- I would suggest posting this word on your mirror or on a wall you see daily (or on a letter board like I did!). It will help remind you what you need to do to get you where you want to be.
- Make a list of what tiny steps you need to take to get to your goal. Sometimes we make our goals very broad. We must create actionable steps on a piece of paper or document to get to that final goal. For example, I want to be consistent in multiple areas. I've written those all down and use a habit tracker to stay on track daily. Those tiny things I do daily will add up to getting to my grand goal.
- Goal: I want to be fit.
Broken Down into Actionable Steps:
- I will work out 4-5 days a week. I schedule that into my planner and block out time for it.
- I only eat out twice a week.
- I buy healthy foods and do not bring home any desserts or breads. (Say hello to my weaknesses!)
- Get going! Hustle hustle hustle. Don't wait for the motivation to come, cause most days it won't. You've gotta want it, and go after it. Believe in yourself and don't give up when it gets hard. You got this. 😊